We are now offering the GLA:D Program at Carleton Sport Medicine. GLA:D™ Canada is an 8-week education and exercise program for those with stiff and/or painful knees and/or hips, or those with knee and/or hip osteoarthritis. Research from GLAD® in Denmark show participants report less pain, reduced use of pain killers, fewer individuals on sick leave, and being more physically active.
For more information about the GLA:D Program, please click on the following links.
- Program start dates:
> May 19th, 2021
> July 19th, 2021
- Program run time: 7 weeks, first week comprises 2 educational sessions and then 6 weeks of exercise sessions (2/week)
- A Pre Assessment is required to assess eligibility (must be booked prior to program start date)
- Cost of the program: $75 Pre Assessment and $450 for the Program
- In order for the program cost to be funded, patient’s need a referral from the RAC (Rapid Access Clinic) or TJAC (Total Joint Assessment Clinic)
- If no referral, patients are to pay privately
The program will be run by Physiotherapists, Wendi Smith and Nathalie Belanger. To inquire about future start dates and/or to be added to our waitlist, please call us at 613-520-3510, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.